MBA Swarm Removal Map Policies
- A swarm removal listing will run for the calendar year.
- An annual fee will be assessed for a swarm listing. MBA members are entitled to a discount.
- Listings will also include an ad on the “Classified Ads” page under the category “Swarm Removal”.
- Fees will not be prorated. Any Swarm Removal listing received after November will be included in the following year.
- At the end of the year, listings must be renewed through the MBA web site. You should receive a renewal notice as a reminder to renew your listing.
- Beekeepers who are willing to do cutouts will be identified on the “cut out” map provided the ad is listed using one of the “cut out” payment plans.
- MBA reserves the right to accept, reject or withdraw any listing.
- No refunds for paid listings.
- Rates are posted in “Classified Ads Policies & Rates” and below.
- These Policies and Procedures may be changed by the MBA at any time.
|Swarm Removal Placement||
|Cut Out Placement||
Procedures to Get a Listing on the MBA Swarm Removal Map
Step 1. There are two categories for a listing on the Swarm Removal page: swarm removal and cut outs. You can create a list for one or the other, but not both. If you do cut outs and want to also advertise swarm removal, then you can mention this in the text of your listing.
Step 2. To sign up for the swarm removal page, you must place a classified ad in one of the “Swarm Removal” categories (Swarm Removal or Cut Outs). Placing the ad must be done through the MBA web site. When you place a swarm removal classified ad you will also get a location marker on the map. To place the ad go to the “Market Place” menu option on the MBA web site and then go to the “Place Ad” page.
Step 3. Complete the information on the “Place Ad” page. For the “Ad Category”, you MUST select either the “Swarm Removal” or “Cut Out” sub-category. Your name, email address and phone number are required entries. Your city may be helpful to those looking at your ad. The “Item Price” entry can be left blank.
You have 250 characters to make your pitch. This is entered in the “ad details” section on the form. Keep it short; you are more likely to get a response. You MUST enter your complete address on the FIRST line of the text. For example… “1234 N Main Street, Lansing, MI 48823”. This is required in order to locate your marker on the map. Submissions without an address will be rejected.
There are four “Ad Terms” one of which MUST be used for a swarm removal listing; two are for MBA members and two are for non-MBA members. Select the term which applies to you.
NOTE: If you select a term for “MBA member”, then your membership must be current. Otherwise, your listing will be rejected. To check your membership status, click here (this list is only updated periodically). Or you may contact MBA and ask.
If you are required to make a payment, you will be taken to PayPal after you complete the “Place Ad” page and the subsequent “Image” page. Payments can only be made with a credit or debit card.
Step 4. After completing your listing, a confirmation email will be sent to you. If you don’t get this confirmation email, then check your spam folder. You may want to include emails from the domain “mba-bees.org” as an acceptable sender in your email spam filter.
Step 5. MBA will process your listing. Please give us up to a week to complete this task. If you don’t see your listing and marker on the map after that time, please contact MBA.
Note: Although comments to this post are open, comments must be limited to policies and procedures as published on this post. All other comments will be disallowed.